We'd love to help. Let us know what's going on with your site.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you've been kicked out because of too many attempts for a password, submit a support ticket and we can get you back in quickly. If you've forgotten your password, you may follow the "forgot password" link on the login page that will allow you to reset this.
First, do not panic. If you've got a monthly hosted management plan with us, we can get you up and running quickly. We've been taking care of regular backups for your site and can do a reinstall for you. We know that a downed site is lost income for your business. If you have not been using us for monthly maintenance, we can work on this issue for you at our hourly rate.
Submit a support ticket. We place priority on emergency requests like this where a client site is down causing potential loss of income.
We set up you up with a user-friendly content management system and would love to teach you to do content updates on your site yourself. If you are in need of additional training, shoot us a message on our contact page, and we'll get that scheduled at our hourly rate.
Absolutely! Plugins can sometimes be persnickety. When you submit a support ticket, let us know the name of the plugin and any information related to that plugin's support system. Sometimes plugins don't play nice with other plugins and we'll do routine checks to see what is going on. For more education on this front, check out our blog post, "How to Choose the Best Plugins for Your Site."
We have preferred hosting partners whom we have vetted and know their quality of service. It is best to remain with hosting where we have business relationships to get the best service and care. However, we have made exceptions to this and do so on a case by case basis.
If your website is giving any kind of error, whether it be filling out a form, checking out from the store, or just a random error that shows up, please contact our support and we will investigate. If it is an easy fix, we will correct it asap. If it requires our developers to get involved, we will let you know an estimated time and cost of fixing.
Website Support Services
If your website support issue is not covered below, contact Magnified Web to see if your request may be covered:
- Your website is not performing as it should (i.e. broken forms, errors, pages not displaying correctly, etc.).
- You would like Magnified Web to update text, photo, or SEO related content to your site.
- New web page template based on existing design.
- Modifications and minor enhancements to existing functionality (i.e. forms, plugins, etc.)
- Google analytics and Google Search console basic configuration (For additional analytics implementation, submit a support ticket to verify)
- Help with third-party tools integrated into the website
Large Support Requests in Excess of 4 Hours
Support requests that move in excess of 4 hours do not fit the scope of the Support and rather, become a project. For new projects, our process includes a consultative call with client and project manager, written proposed solution and mutually agreed timeframe.
Website Support Rate
The Magnified Web agency rate is $120/hr. Service is billed in 30-minute increments. We don't intend to nickel and dime you. We use our discretion as to when to bill.
If something on your site is broken due to an error on the part of Magnified Web, we will not charge you. We take accountability for our mistakes. If an issue arises that we did not cause, we charge our hourly rate to troubleshoot and fix. See Errors and Omissions for more information.
Errors and Omissions
There are many moving parts with websites. As such, sometimes things break, and it is outside of anyone's control. While we are absolutely ready and willing to jump right in to problem solve, we do charge our hourly rate as the issue was not caused by Magnified Web.
- Browser and Third Party Tool Updates: Browsers and third-party tools are regularly updated by their developers to patch security holes, bring in new functionality, etc. These updates are often welcome. Sometimes they cause compatibility issues with other aspects of a site.
- Client Initiates Changes to the Website: We love you're taking initiative to try something new with your site! If you happen to cause an issue that requires our technical expertise, we're happy to help; however, we will charge our hourly rate. (And will often show you how to perform the change differently next time so you're better off in the future.)
- Content Management System Updates: Similarly to browser and third-party updates, your content management system receives regular updates for security reasons and for the implementation of new technology. Unfortunately, there are times when these updates cause incompatibility issues with other plugins requiring more intense troubleshooting.
Hosting Managed Services
The following services are included in our monthly hosted website management cost:
- Website Maintenance & Performance: Magnified Web updates plugins and modules every [week] except in the event there is an emergency security update in which case we take care of those immediately.
- Website Security Monitoring: Magnified Web proactively works on your behalf to mitigate risk related to the hacking of your website.
- Website Backups: In the event a site is hacked, getting it back up-and-running from a recent backup quickly will minimize lost sales because of site down-time.
- Tech Advocate: Magnified Web will take care of communication with the website host(s) responsible for your website when troubleshooting bugs or hosting issues.
Basic Lite Monthly Management Cost
Hosted website management is $89 /monthly.
(Additional plans coming with added features.)
Magnified Web provides hourly training on the following:
- How to update and format content using the content management system
- An overview of using page builders
- How to optimize and upload images to your site
Training can be done onsite or via video conferencing.
Contact your project manager or submit a contact form letting us know you'd like to set up training.
Support Team Hours
- Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm PT
For emergencies (a site down constitutes an emergency), we do our best to facilitate help, even if it is outside of support hours. We understand the panic and loss of income that arises due to a site that has gone down.
Note: We decrease the risk of a downed site through regular security monitoring and routine backups. If you are not currently on our monthly hosted maintenance, let your project manager know or send us a message on our contact form.
Access & Authorization
In order to make necessary changes and updates to your website, Magnified Web must receive authorization to access the following:
- Web hosting account
- Content Management System (i.e. WordPress)
- Domain registrar and DNS
- Social media accounts
- Third party tools and applications (i.e. Google Analytics, email service providers, video host services, marketing automation systems, etc.)
I have more questions
Your questions are important to us. This will take you to our contact form where you can reach out and someone from our team will get back to you.